April 28, 2020 - St. James Parish Case Count: 240; Deaths 19
Announcement of the opening of a St. James Parish drive-thru testing site for Covid-19, beginning April 15 for first responders and seniors 65 and older. Beginning April 16, the site will be open daily for residents 18 and older. Here is the site layout:
Parish President Dufresne issues curfew in an effort to stop the spread of COVID-10. We are urging residents to follow the Governor’s stay-at-home orders and limit travel to essential business only. You can find a list of essential outings, here.
Click here for the Parish’s latest Press Release.
Click here for the Parish’s Curfew Order.
Click here for the Governor’s Latest Stay at Home Order Extension.
- Go to the grocery, convenience or warehouse store
- Go to the pharmacy to pick up medications and other healthcare necessities
- Go to medical appointments (check with your doctor or provider first)
- Go to a restaurant for take-out, delivery or drive-thru
- Care for or support a friend or family member
- Take a walk, ride your bike, hike, jog and be in nature for exercise — just keep at least six feet between you and others.
- Walk your pets and take them to the veterinarian if necessary
- Help someone to get necessary supplies
- Receive deliveries from any business which delivers
YOU SHOULD NOT:
- Go to work unless you are providing essential services
- Visit friends and family if there is no urgent need
- Maintain less than 6 feet of distance from others when you go out
- Visit loved ones in the hospital, nursing home, skilled nursing facility or other residential care facility, except for limited exceptions as provided on the facility websites.
St. James Parish Office Directory:
- St. James Parish Government - 225.562.2260
- St. James Parish Utilities - 225.562.2551
- St. James Parish Social Services - 225.562.2305
- St. James Parish Finance - 225.562.2294
- St. James Parish Operations/Permitting - 225.562.2444
- St. James Parish Emergency Operations - 225.562.2364
- St. James Parish Clerk of Court - 225.562.2270
- St. James Parish Assessor - 225.562.2211
- St. James Parish District Attorney - 225.562.2385
- St. James Parish Registrar - 225.562.2330
Examples of Essential Worker Functions under the Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) guidelines include:
- Healthcare workers and caregivers
- Mental health and Social Service workers
- Pharmacy employees
- Workers supporting groceries, pharmacies and other retail sales of food and beverage products
- Restaurant carryout and quick-serve food operations and food delivery employees
- Electricity and Utility Industry Employees
- Critical Manufacturing Employees (medical supply chains, energy, transportation, food, chemicals)
- Petroleum, Natural and Propane Gas Workers
- Transportation and Logistics Workers
- Communications and Information Technology Employees
THE FOLLOWING HAVE BEEN POSTPONED or CANCELLED:
- All organized (public or private) events on Parish property (Recreational Parks) are prohibited
- St. James Parish Recreational Sports are postponed All Parish Park Rentals between
- March 16, 2020 and April 18, 2020 are cancelled
- The St. James Parish Fitness Center is closed to the public
- St. James Parish Libraries are closed to the public
- Senior Centers are closed
- Transit services will be limited
- Keep It Moving Fitness Classes are postponed
- Department of Human Resources Emergency Assistance Program will be limited
- St. James Parish Welcome/Tourist Center is closed to the public
- St. James Parish Utility Offices are closed to the public. Please use over the phone, online, and on-site drop box as methods of payment.
- St. James Parish Planning Commission and Coastal Zone Board March Meetings have been cancelled
DECLARATIONS & EXECUTIVE ORDERS:
RESOURCES FOR SMALL BUSINESSES & UNEMPLOYMENT:
If you’re a small business owner that files a tax return and has a current occupational license and are seeking assistance, please email questions us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are a few links for information regarding the Coronavirus and Preventative Measures:
Louisiana Department of Health: Case Report
Preventing the Spread
Keeping Your Family Safe
St. James Parish Hospital: CoronaVirus Information
LINKS TO INFORMATIVE PARISH/HOSPITAL VIDEOS:
PARISH PRESIDENT IN THE NEWS: